Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Two Step Fudge

Fool proof 2 step fudge


Now a funny little story about the fudge. I called my mom this morning and told her I needed the recipe. She can not for the life of her remember I hate certain foods, but this she recited with out missing a beat.

Ingredients:
A  GREASED pan
Sweetened condensed milk
3 cups of chocolate chips (make sure you use a good brand. if you wouldn't eat them plain then don't put it in your fudge!)
Optional:
Candy canes
Walnuts
 Vanilla ( 2 tsps--I've never done it before. In this batch I did use 1/2 tsp)


 You have two options for baking: mix it all together on LOW heat until smooth, or use a double broiler (or a medium sauce pan filled with water and a bowl on top) I used a double broiler.



 gradually mix in the chocolate chips to the sweetened condensed milk. Until smooth and creamy.



 after it's all mixed, it's time to add your extras (this would also be the time to add in the vanilla). I used peppermint because I'm giving them out as treats to teachers.

Mix it well again and pour into a GREASED pan (mine is 9x13 so make more and smaller pieces-



 Smooth it out with either a cake knife or even a pie server :) something with no ridges.




 Now let it set for 20 minutes before pre-cutting it with a pizza cutter. Then an hour after that re-cut it and you have fudge!



Congratulations, that wasn't as hard as people make it out to be ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment