Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Home made French Fries


Mmm I love french fries- it's one of my guilty pleasures in life.  I try really hard not to eat bad...but you've got to indulged every now and again. Plus I made them from home...so it can't be that bad, right?


What you need:
Russet potatoes
Salt
Oil
Sauce pan
3 hours- literally.



I started with peeling my potatoes (trick is to have a bowl lined with a grocery bag and skin the potatoes into that. This way you don't have as much to clean up). Anyway I cut the potato in half,then again, and thinner, until they were "fry" shaped. I put them in the sink with cold water for two hours (some say its to help remove starch). After their two hour cold bath, I removed them and dried them off as best as I could with a towel.



Fill a sauce pan with oil and heat it to about 6 1/2-7 I popped in one fry to test the temperature. You want the bubbles to be evenly bubbling all over the fry. Add more in and cook until desired cripness. Add salt (and pepper) or other favorite toppings and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment