Tuesday, February 5, 2013

American Girl Doll Dog Bed

With Valentines Day around the corner, I thought a nice homemade gift would be great for the girls. 
I admit I saw this idea on Pintrest. However, they used foam. I don't have foam. I have a bunch of fabric.


What you need:
Fabric
batting
ruler/tape measure


Directions:

I did this one based on the dog size and you can too! I took Honey and placed her on a piece of printer paper. Next, I folded her down to the size I wanted the base of the bed to be. Mine happens to be as followed:
 
The piece on the left is the front. Eventually I cut the middle down and sewed it closed to make a round middle so the dog could jump into it (see finished project)

Once I found the measurements I needed, I added the batting in the same size. Next I stuck the batting into each piece,  Once it was ready I pinned it together (it does not matter which side is right or wrong if you have one color). After that was finished I sewed the bed closed.

 
You can add bias tape to the trim to give it a fancier look. I tried, but I do have a problem almost every time I use it...for some reason after it's gone through the machine it's never actually sewn to the project even though I've pinned it to it.

**If you found this funny, useful or made it, follow me and share your pictures!**

My other American Girl items:
school supplies
feel better kit  (Just like McKenna's!)
Gymnastics accessories
head band
Minnie Mouse ears
sleeping bags
sleeping mask
pillow dress
accessories
pet accessories
generic witch costume,
Tutu Style Witch Costume 
Scooby Doo Costume
Square Dog bed

No comments:

Post a Comment