Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pizza dough

I'm using my Kitchen Aid mixer pizza recipe.


2 1/2- 3 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 package dry active yeast
1 tablespoon cornmeal

Add yeast to warm water, let it activate. Add salt, olive oil,  2 1/2 cups flour. Turn mixer on to speed 2 for two minutes.


add more flour if needed 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until  dough clings to hook and cleans the sides of the bowl. Place dough in greased bowl, turning the grease top of the dough upward. Let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.

Brush 14inch pizza pan with oil and sprinkle with cornmeal. Press dough across bottom of the pan. I rolled the dough out onto the pan itself.


Then I rolled the crust inward, placed a plate in the middle and sprayed it with butter flavored cooking oil. I know that sounds weird, but I heard that it is one of the secrets to Pizza Hut pizza crusts.


After I sprayed the crust, I removed the plate and sprinkled garlic and Parmesan cheese (I think on my next attempt I'm going to add oregano or basil, or both. Add favorite toppings and cook.

Pre heat oven to 450 degrees for 15-20 minutes
This pizza was much better than my first attempt. I think the hole pizza pan helped. My next attempt with add more flavors to the sauce ( I used Ragu pizza sauce and it tastes pretty bland.)

No comments:

Post a Comment