Friday, April 20, 2012

DIY Lunch organizer


Earlier I was telling you how I wanted to buy my girls new lunchboxes next year because they smelled. They are also almost impossible to fit reusable containers in! I hate throwing away all those plastic bags. I was looking at buying the lunch containers with dividers already in them, but they are too large for the girls lunchboxes. Plus I have a ton of sandwich and snack containers from the dollar section at Target. I also had a bunch of silicone cupcake wrappers that I tend not to use because I don't like how they cook. So I figured, "Why not give it a try?" You can use the paper cups but I don't recommend anything that will sweat or is already wet.

I started with four cupcake wrappers, but Hannah wanted peanut butter and crackers instead. So I just took two out and voilĂ .  I put the lid on and shook it up (because we all know our kids are not going to just hold their lunchboxes. Sure enough everything stayed in tack! well, okay a sandwich cracker broke...but I don't know if that counts because we're talking about the carrots and fish not mixing. Since I had this stuff on hand it cost me nothing. If you find this at the dollar section it will be about $2...now it's not always the cheapest thing. I do suggest looking at the pre-made ones because if they will fit in your lunchbox it will probably be a better deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment