All the patternes I used are from: (agplaythings.com). You can print them for FREE. I used: Kirstens party dress, Felicity's Holiday gown (sleeves only) and Josefina's Camisa's dress.
I used Kirsten's party dress top, I added about one inch to the bottom and a 1/8 of an inch all the way around and about 1 1/4 inches to the bottom.
For the sleeves I used Felicity's Holiday sleeve pattern and added about 1 1/2 inches to the length. After I fitted it to the top I cut the excess fabric off. Then I added Velcro to the back.
To make the "turtle neck"
I cut a strip of felt (the longest I could on the piece I had) and accordion style folded it and sewed it to the neck/back neck line
For the skirt I also used Kirstens party skirt. However I shortened it to knee high. After I cut out the fabric, I gathered the skirt at the top to fit the waist/belt strip.
Then I began pleating the skirt. I did this by making an "A" out of the fabric and pinning it down. Once I was finished I sewed it together and ironed the skirt to add more definition.
For the Shoes and Glasses:
I bought them at Michaels with 40% off coupons. I pushed out the sun glass lens with the glasses to make them look more like Velma. The magnifying glass is a small glasses repair kit I had lying around.
note: I used the reverse colors for the diamond and SD
Measure the neck of the dog you're going to use (we have Chocolate Chips from the AG store). Cut appropriate length and width (you have to eye it). Add Velcro to the back to keep it on. Cut a diamond out of green. Cut thin strips of yellow and shape them around the green to make an outline and a S and D for the middle part of the collar. Hand sew on. Hand sew onto teal felt.
I printed off Josefina's Camisa's dress pattern, cut it out and made these alterations:
*Made it shorter
* less wide (about as wide as the Kirsten birthday top)
Begin with pinning the pattern to the fabric (one on a fold and two for the back) To make the light purple strips on her dress, I cut out long strips (the length of each piece) and added that to the bottom, sleeves and middle ribbon/design. Making sure to fold in the raw edges for a clean look.
After that I sewed the dress together. It was still WAY too big. So I turned the dress inside out and pinned the dress a little more fitted. Then I sewed that together, tested it, liked it and cut the excess fabric off.
I used this pattern for the head band
For the Shoes I bought them at Michaels with a 40% off coupon.
**If you found this funny, useful or made it, follow me and share your pictures!**
My other American Girl items:
feel better kit (Just like McKenna's!)
Minnie Mouse ears
generic witch costume,
Tutu Style Witch Costume