Friday, May 11, 2012

Easy Peasy Crepes

A looong time ago  either before I was born or when I was really little, my oldest sister came home from a friends house and showed my mom how to make crepes. I've altered the cooking method because I've never been good at cooking them in a frying pan with the melted butter. My way works just as well and they taste great. Mind you these are probably more of a dessert crepe than anything, but for special occasions I like to make them for breakfast (oh who am I kidding- they are always made for breakfast!)

1 cup Milk
1 cup flour
2 egg
1/2 tsp of vanilla (optional)

Fillings:
Butter and powder sugar
whip cream and strawberries
yogurt and berries

You will probably have to add more milk to make it a very runny consistency (this way they are thin). With the skillet on and ready, add a little bit of butter.


pour batter onto the hot skillet


cook both sides


Once they are done, I take them off the skillet and immediately add butter and powdered sugar


 or berries



and roll them up like a jelly roll. Sprinkle a little powder sugar and maybe add a strawberry or two and you're good to go. Is it unhealthy? Yeah, probably... but it tastes really good and I know it's okay to indulge once in a blue moon.

Hey, if you found this useful or delicious feel free to share me on facebook and follow me! I could use some extra friends ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment