Friday, May 4, 2012

PVC sprinkler


It was one hot weekend here in California. What better way to beat the heat than to cool off in the sprinklers? My sister just had her baby, so while we were visiting her my husband went out and bought:

 3 PVC pipes,
3 stoppers,
2 elbow pieces,
 2 of those pieces that have 3 holes
1 that has a hole connecter 
$11.95

What we already had:
a drill with a bit
PVC cement
PVC primer

 Directions:

I recommend starting with an idea of what you want to do. PVC is fairly inexpensive, and easy to work with. You'll want to make sure you have everything ready. First cut PVC pip to ideal size (my husband did this while i was getting the girls ready). Next drill holes into the top PVC piece. Don't add too many or the water pressure may not make it shoot out.

Add the PVC primer and cement, push into the right connecting pieces. These are my side pieces
Add remaining pieces and let set for at least 5 minutes before trying it with water. You can add more holes when you're ready. We added two to each side (at different heights) and two on each bottom side (total of four) at an angle.



I was super impressed with how it came out. It is a lot of fun for the kids (at I admit, grown ups ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment