Thursday, October 20, 2011

American Girl Clothes

Both of my daughters got American Girl dolls from Santa Claus last year. Man are those clothes expensive! $24-$36 dollars for a dress!! Now after trying to make clothes for the dolls for a year now, I can see how labor involved it is to make. It is time consuming (my first two took over a month to finish because I only had a couple of hours to work on them), but also they don't buy the cheapest durable fabric like I do. You really do get what you pay for from American Girl.

You need to have a pattern first. This is my favorite website to get them from:

American Girl doll patters


Pick your doll, open the pattern link and print off the dress you want to make. I like to start with Kirsten because her party dress was the easiest. Some of the patterns will come on two pages.



  You need to line the words up with each other so that it only says whatever that piece is one time. Tape them together



 In the end, it should look like this:


Be fair warned that the Kirsten party dress will print too small & you'll have to add 1/8 inch to each side piece around her waist  (look where my finger is pointing)

No comments:

Post a Comment